1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (177°C) and cover several baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the butter, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves and mix on medium for 4 minutes, or until lightened in color and texture.
3. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl to make sure everything is incorporated.
4. With the mixer on low add the eggs one at a time, completely mixing the first before adding the next, and then add in the water and mix for 1 minute more, or until well blended.
5. In a small bowl, whisk together the oats, flour, sea salt, baking powder and baking soda. Dump the flour mixture into the butter mixture and mix until the cookie dough is almost blended. You’ll still see streaks of flour.
6. Add the chopped apricots and run the machine for 1 minute more, or until the apricots and oatmeal are evenly distributed throughout the dough. Roll 3-tablespoon-sized balls and allow 2 inches of space between them.
7. Bake one sheet at a time in the center of the oven for 13 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 20 minutes and then move to a cooling rack to finish cooling down.