As the new school year rapidly approaches, it's time to gear up and ensure our little ones have the energy they need for a successful day of learning and play.
Snack time plays a vital role in providing the necessary nutrients and keeping their energy levels up. Here are some ideas for delicious and nutritious snacks that are sure to delight their taste buds and fuel their bodies.
- Apple slices with almond butter: Slice up some fresh apples and pair them with a dollop of almond butter for a satisfying combination of fiber, vitamins, and healthy fats.
- Veggie sticks with hummus: Carrot sticks, cucumber slices, and bell pepper strips served with a side of hummus are a crunchy and nutritious snack full of vitamins and minerals.
- Trail mix: Create your own trail mix by combining a variety of nuts, seeds, your favorite Mariani dried fruit, and a sprinkle of dark chocolate chips for a balanced snack that satisfies both sweet and savory cravings.
- Homemade granola bars: Make your own granola bars using wholesome ingredients like oats, nuts, seeds, and dried fruit. They can be prepared in advance and stored for grab-and-go snacks.
- Smoothies: Blend together a combination of fruits, leafy greens, yogurt, and a liquid of your choice (such as almond milk) to create a delicious and nutritious snack in a glass.
- Dried fruit: This may be an obvious choice given we are a dried fruit company, but Mariani dried fruit really does make a delicious and feel-good snack.
Here’s to a GREAT school year!
From our family to yours,
Natalie Mariani Kling, CCN
(Remember, when packing snacks for school it’s important to check in on any allergy restrictions your child’s classmates may have.)