Cranberry Kale Salad
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 avocado, cut in pieces
- 12 oz. kale, destemmed and chopped
- 1/3 Cup Mariani Cranberries
- ½ Cup pecans, chopped Fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1. Combine water, lemon juice, rice wine vinegar and agave nectar for dressing and set aside.
- 2. Remove the center stem from the kale and discard. Wash and chop kale leaves and pat dry. To remove the stems from kale, run a knife down the spine of the kale, to leave only the leaf of the kale remaining.
- 3. Transfer kale to a large bowl. Salt the chopped kale and massage (don’t be afraid to squeeze the kale to break down woody fibers) for 30 to 60 seconds until bright green and soft.
- 4. Add dressing, fruit, avocado pieces, and pecans to kale and toss. Add pepper, toss again.