*See Note below, based upon usage occasion: 4 oz. simple syrup or agave (optional)
1. Bring water to a boil.
2. Place apricots into a high speed blender, ideally a Vita Prep.
3. Pour water into blender with apricots and let sit for 10 minutes.
4. Cover blender and turn on to puree. Start low and increase to high; purée approximately 1 minute until completely smooth.
5. Pour pureed apricot into a 2-quart sauce pot or a stainless bowl.
6. Add lemon juice, honey, spices, vanilla extract and salt and whisk until incorporated.
7. Taste and adjust accordingly.
8. Transfer to a container, cover and refrigerate.
**Note: Simple Syrup (equal parts sugar & water dissolved) is to add slight sweetness as well as give the apricot purée a syrup-like consistency for pouring or drizzling. It can be omitted for less sweetness, however, note the purée will be thicker and appear like a delicious apple sauce.
Enjoy All These Suggested Uses!
Add to chilled Prosecco for an Apricot Bellini
Drizzle over vanilla ice cream, top with sprig of mint
For Sunday brunch, drizzle over pancakes or waffles, scones
Make a salad dressing by adding either apple cider vinegar or rice wine vinegar and extra virgin olive oil
Use as a sandwich condiment when added to flavor mustard or mayonnaise
Use as a sweet and savory glaze for grilled or roasted meats