Tropical Bliss Granola
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup raw almonds, chopped
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- ½ cup pepitas
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes, separated into two ½ cups (optional)
- ½ cup maple syrup or honey
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup Mariani No Sugar Added Pineapple
- ½ cup Mariani No Sugar Added Mango (see note)
- Line a 13” x 9” baking sheet with parchment and preheat oven to 325°F. In large bowl, mix together oats, almonds, pecans, pepitas, salt, chocolate chips and ½ cup coconut.
- In separate bowl, mix together maple syrup or honey and olive oil. Pour over oat mixture, and mix to combine. Pour onto baking sheet, and place in 325°F oven. Retain large bowl and set aside.
- Stir granola every ten minutes to ensure all ingredients become golden brown.
- In the meantime, take dried fruit from freezer and break apart into small pieces and place into your large bowl. Add remaining ½ cup coconut. Set aside.
- After 30 minutes, remove granola from oven and allow to cool completely. Once cooled, combine with bowl of dried fruit and coconut, and toss well. Enjoy!
- NOTE: Place dried fruit in freezer for ten minutes while preparing granola for oven. This makes it much easier to break apart into small pieces when needed.