Vanilla Rum Tropical Fruit Compote with Goat Cheese
- 5 cups water
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 30 Mariani No Sugar Added Dried Apricots
- 5 Mariani Simply Dried Pineapple rings
- 5 Mariani Simply Dried Mango slices
- 1/2 vanilla bean, split
- 1 piece orange peel
- 2-4 tablespoons dark rum
- 10.5 ounces goat cheese
- 1. Add the water, sugar, apricots, pineapple, mango, vanilla bean and orange peel to a large heavy-bottomed saucepan and bring to a boil.
- 2. Reduce to medium and simmer, uncovered, for about 30 to 40 minutes or until the liquid has reduced and the mixture has thickened.
- 3. Add the rum and cook for 1 minute more. Take off the heat to cool; store in the fridge until ready to use.
- 4. Remove the vanilla and orange peel before serving.
- 5. Place the goat cheese on a rimmed serving plate. Spoon some of the compote over the top and serve the remaining compote on the side.