Mason Jar Strawberry Caprese Salad
- 7 medium size strawberries – sliced (to layer at bottom and middle)
- 1 to 2 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced (or 6 mini mozzarella balls)
- 1–1/2 cup spinach leaves or arugula
- fresh basil
- handful of sprouts
- 2 Tablespoons Mariani's Sweet and Tangy Toppers
- olive oil and vinegar, or dressing of choice
- 1. Assemble the salad in large mason jars (24-28 ounces) in order of layers listed from bottom of jar to top.
- 2. Save the dressing to the side until right before eating. When ready to eat, drizzle dressing on top, close the lid and shake. Eat from the jar or pour into a bowl and enjoy.
- 3. Make Ahead Tip – The salad can be made 2 days ahead (without dressing) and stored in the fridge.
- 4. Storage – To keep sliced produce fresh, add a splash of lemon juice or add sliced lemon to the salad jars! Place them either in-between ingredients or on top.