Five-Spice Port Cranberry Sauce
- ½ cup water
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup Ruby Port wine
- ½ cup Mariani Dried Cranberries
- 6 ounces fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon five-spice powder (such as Simply Organic)
- 1. In a medium, heavy-bottomed saucepan, add the water, brown sugar, and port over medium heat, stirring until the sugar is melted.
- 2. Add in the fresh cranberries, Mariani Dried Cranberries, vinegar and five spice powder.
- 3. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes until the liquid has reduced and most of the cranberries are still plump, although some may have popped.
- 4. Pour into a heat-safe bowl to cool completely.
- An example of five spice powder is "Simply Organic five spice powder" on Amazon