Sweet and Tangy Pork and Vegetable Stir Fry
- 10 Mariani Probiotic Prunes
- 1/2 cup chicken stock or reduced-sodium broth
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound boneless pork loin or tenderloin, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup onion, cubed
- 4 cups assorted cut vegetables (cubed bell pepper, sliced zucchini, snow peas)
- 4 Mariani Probiotic Prunes, diced into 1/4-inch pieces
- Sliced green onions, toasted sesame seeds, and fresh cilantro leaves (optional toppings)
- This sauce is sweetened and thickened with prunes making it tasty and better for you than store-bought sauces.
- Place all teriyaki sauce ingredients in a small blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- Heat oil in a very large skillet or wok set over high heat. Add pork and cook for 5 minutes or until browned, stirring frequently.
- Add onion and cook for 5 minutes more. Add vegetables and cook for 3 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Reduce heat to low and add sauce to skillet; cook and stir until heated through.
- Serve over rice and top with diced prunes, green onions, sesame seeds, and cilantro leaves, as desired.