Mason Jar Chickpea Chopped Salad
- 1/3 cup chickpeas (3 Tablespoons on the bottom and 1 Tablespoon on the top)
- 1 sliced hard boiled (omit egg for vegan option)
- 1 cup shredded/chopped Brussels sprouts and/or romaine lettuce
- 2 Tablespoons to 1/4 cup crumbled feta (omit for vegan option or use vegan cheese of choice)
- 2 Tablespoons diced celery rib
- sliced apple or 1/4 c diced apple
- fresh torn herbs like parsley and/or lemon slices
- 2 Tablespoons Mariani's Nuts and Cherries Salad Toppers
- Italian or Mustard Dressing, or dressing of choice
- 1. Assemble the salad in large mason jars (24-28 ounces) in order of layers listed from bottom of jar to top.
- 2. Save the dressing to the side until right before eating. When ready to eat, drizzle dressing on top, close the lid and shake. Eat from the jar or pour into a bowl and enjoy.
- 3. Make Ahead Tip – The salad can be made 2 days ahead (without dressing) and stored in the fridge.
- 4. Storage – To keep sliced produce fresh, add a splash of lemon juice or add sliced lemon to the salad jars! Place them either in-between ingredients or on top.